Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Old Forgiveness

As much as I didn't mean for this to turn into a sappy, 'I appreciate my life a lot' blog, that's what these past few posts have felt like.

And this is by no means an exception.

Today was rare in that I didn't do much before work at 1:30pm today, but I ended up re-connecting with multiple old friends.

Now, I'm no stranger to old friends, I am old, and so by default, my friends will be old. Simple math, really.

But the problem with me is...well it's not really a problem, more of a character flaw...but every hero need a character flaw, right? It's that I can't let go of friendship.

And I know I'm taking a HUGE risk posting this ON THE INTERNET, but if we're friends and you suddenly treat me badly, and down the line you say sorry, I'll be incredibly hard-pressed not to forgive you.

I feel like I didn't really think this vlog through before typing it, hah.

My point is, I know that some people won't change, and I'm careful not to let people walk all over me, but I'll gladly take friendship over non-friendship any day.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. I like this kind of "I appreciate my life a lot" blog posts.

    I wouldn't call this a character flaw. I think it's better to be the kind of person who is willing to forgive than to be someone who holds a grudge or gets caught up in petty drama. I'm the same way, and I think it leads to a happier existence overall.

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete