Friday, April 23, 2010

Road Trip to Ohio University

BEDA: April 23, 2010

So today, Friday, marks yet another occurrence of me driving from my tiny little corner of Ohio down, down, down to Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, to pick up my brother for the weekend.

Those of you that know me well enough know that, instead of thinking, "Ohio University, where my brother goes to school," as the first thing that OU makes me think of, I instead think, "Ohio University, where Hayley G Hoover goes to school."

That doesn't make me weird by any means, right? Right.

Moving on.

So from my current location to OU back up north to my parent's house where we will be headed, it's a near nine hour drive. Yay, road trips. Kinda.

The drive is always fun after I pick up my brother. We've really been getting a long this last year or so, about the time that he started his own YouTube channel. I swear, they have nothing to do with one another. :)

During the drive one always convinces the other that we should make a stop here or there and it ends up being a lot of fun not having to be back at any certain time because, hey, we're going to get back after midnight anyway so we might as well make a few stops.

It's the drive down that's completely un-lol-tastic. I mean, sure, I'll have CDs to which I will sing obnoxiously loud, I'll have phone calls to make, and I'll even listen to my dose of NPR. But there are times when the drive just goes on and on and on. I'll be packing up my car and leaving around 4 and that's what I have to look forward to. Joy. I'd better start working on those CDs...

Shut up. Small doses of NPR makes me feel smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment