Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Phone

BEDA: April 8, 2010

I need a new one. Really.

My phone, for those of you creepers out there, my current phone is a MOTOROKR, and when I got it two years ago, it was the sleekest phone I had ever owned. Because, let's face it, when it comes to phones, I'm not very up on the times.

My first phone didn't slide, it didn't fold, it didn't even have texting. It had a one inch, thick plastic screen and a green/blue backlighting. My parents got it for me becasue it was free with the plan they were applying for and I only really needed it for calling when I wasn't coming home from school that day. This was back in my senior year of high school, mind you.

The fate of that phone was almost cut short by a line-dance at a country party just over a year into its short lifespan. It's one of the many reasons I avoid country parties nowadays. That, and I just don't care for the music.

Sorry, "y'all".

So, back to that fateful night. I got swindled into doing a line-dance with some friends because, like all situations guys find themselves in, there was a girl involved. My roommate convinced me to go dance in the group with him because he was kind of eyeing this blonde chick from across the party. Reluctantly, I became his wingman, seeing as how I already had a girlfriend back at home at the time.

So, we're dancing around in circles and squares and other geometric shapes, while the country fans are getting quite a workout and us other people were trying to keep up with the awkward kicking. Then we ended the number and someone shouted, "Hey, who lost a phone?"

It was me. I had lost my phone.

As I was getting my phone back from the guy, I noticed a sharp rock, half the size of a golfball, lodged into the thick plastic screen. During the dance, it had flung out of my pocket onto the gravel to be trampled without my knowledge. But it survived, somehow.

I mean, the screen had a huge hole in it but other than that, it worked fine. It survived another year with me until I could get a replacement phone.

And now, if I run out of ideas for BEDA, I can tell you about my next three phones!

Oh joy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment