Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm a PC

Today, I am installing a program on my computer to use instead of Windows Live Movie Maker.
I know, I know, seeing as how I'm a video blogger, it's all horrible. I understand.

Believe me.

The issue comes with the fact that I don't like Mac computers yet I am incredibly in-tune with the video and audio software (iMovie, FinalCut Pro, Garage Band, etc) The problem is that I don't trust Mac computers.

Yea, I said it.

I don't trust Macs.

Not because I think Macs will steal my identity or that Steve J is out to get me or anything, but because the software/hardware is so tightly packed and contained that if anything were to go wrong, missing file, accidental overwrite, there's nothing to do but a full system format.

That being said, I think most Mac programs are incredibly user-friendly. Now, do I think that the programs are very user-friendly in order to be able to help out the less-than computer savvy people in the world? Partially.

But that's a different blog for a different day.

I'm not out to fuel the Mac-PC war and I honestly don't care what platform use.

All I'm saying, is that I don't want to own a Mac computer, but I do want to use something better than WLMM. That's why, I got my hands on Sony Vegas Pro and so I'll be testing that out later.

The only other hang-up about editing on this computer is that it's a laptop and I don't have a USB mouse so I have to use the touch-pad for exact cuts which don't /exactly/ turn out the way I want. (SEEWHATIDIDTHERE?)

Anywho, the update is done so here I go, testing this out!

Be my NaNo buddy!
YouTube
Twitter




2 comments:

  1. I actually use WMM for basically everything ... except for some video projects I've done in college with Final Cut Pro on the Mac lab in the Cinema Department. And I'm fine with it. I just use it for basic editing. And that's all I need.
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. :Confused: Mac is based on openBSD, which is turn based on Unix, which is much more careful with files & integrity of the drive (format? not sure what word to put here?). Yay for journaling! Also, reinstalling the OS does not always mean losing all your data - you reinstall Mac OS X, your Home & application folders are untouched, while windows moves everything to /windows.old which is annoying.

    Macs are bad for other reasons, just not that one :P

    ReplyDelete