Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pirates and Toasers and Thor

Every now and again, I try to come up with reasoning that has no reasoning. If that makes no sense to you, that means you are a normal person. For some reason, that makes perfect sense to me.

Case and point.

I'm sitting outside of the theater, waiting for my friends to get here so we can go watch the midnight showing of the new 'Pirates' movie.

Like 'Thor', I'm not sure what to expect from this movie. There are a lot of ways this movie is going to be nothing like Thor. It's the most recent chapter in its own saga and Thor was the coming-of-age hero story. The constructs are completely different. I mean, sure, the visuals will be breathtaking as they were in Thor but Pirates is grounded in reality. Mostly. I mean, as far as mermaids and zombies go.

But it will be breaking new 'Pirates' ground by not including Kiera and Orlando. Which, I have to say, I'm looking forward to.

So, even though they're familiar characters and themes, like I said, the constructs are different.

But, as with Marvel, I have faith in you, Bruckheimer.

Spelling? I don't care. My friends just got here and I'm heading in.

...after we figure out how to sneak these Whoppers in.

http://www.twitter.com/whattravissays

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment